The flat topped kabuki makeup brush is best used for concealer and foundation application where medium to heavy coverage is desired on the larger regions of the face (forehead, cheeks, chin.) It can be used with liquid, powder, cream or mousse foundation and works in such a manner to buff your foundation evenly across your skin for a smooth, flawless finish. However, we do recommend dotting the product directly onto your face and then blending or stippling with your kabuki brush because they can sometimes pick up a lot of product.
How to use the Kabuki brush for concealer and foundation application:
- Always wash hands before makeup application.
- First use your fingers to apply concealer to problem areas. Then using the brush, spread the concealer with either a buffing or stippling motion. Buffing spreads and smooths out the product with quick circular motions. Stippling is done by quickly dotting the brush against the skin to spread the product. Depending on how much coverage you need with your concealer, you may not want to “buff” the area out fully.
- Next dot the foundation with your fingertips to one section of your face at a time. Then take the brush and use the buffing motion described above to spread the foundation evenly across your face.
- Do not apply too much product to begin with. Remember you can always add more to blend in; but adding too much from the start often results in the “caked on” look.
- Clean and rinse your brush.
- Let brush air dry in an open space.
- To prevent the possible growth of mold and mildew, do not seal the brush in any bag or container!